The Ocean Vacuum Cleaner

This trash dump is about 2 times the size of Texas!

7d80be47b

plastic-river-cleaning-water-wheel-diagram-mr-trash-baltimore-harbor

The Ocean Vacuum Cleaner is one of the 12 most coolest inventions of 2015! I think the Ocean Vacuum Cleaner is the most important invention of 2015. Here are 3 reasons why I think that the ocean vacuum cleaner is the most important invention of 2015:    1.) The ocean vacuum cleaner cleans up trash in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. 2.) The ocean vacuum cleaner could reduce the trash by 42% over 10 years. 3.) The ocean vacuum cleaner saves humans and other types of creatures around the world. Boyan Slat is a 19 year old boy who made/invented/discovered the ocean vacuum cleaner. This 19 year old boy could remove 7,250,000 tons of plastic from the world’s ocean. The ocean vacuum cleaner forces plastic in the direction of  platforms, where the trash would be separated from plankton and stored for recycling. The trash in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is 2x bigger than Texas! That means animals and humans like you would be suffering without the ocean vacuum cleaner. People used to make  fun of Boyan Slat and said that he would fail even if he tried, but Boyan Slat didn’t give up and kept on trying to make his invention work , and it did. People were so ashamed of themselves because of what they did. I think that Boyan Slat is an………

Inspirational GREAT

PERSON

IN THIS

WORLD!!!

Do you want to be a great person?

What is your favorite 2015 invention?

8 thoughts on “The Ocean Vacuum Cleaner

1. Dear Rhianna,
    Thank you for your research on the ocean vacuum. I learned so much from reading your post. I also think that Boyan Slat is a great person making a difference in the world. Do you know what country Boyan is from? I haven’t picked a favorite 2015 invention yet but you certainly have an inspirational post!

Here’s to becoming great people who make a difference in the world,
    Mrs. Fordyce

2. Dear Rhianna,
    WOW! I enjoyed hearing what you wrote. I wonder how hard it was for Boyan Slat to deal with everyone saying he couldn’t do it, but he never gave up. I think Boyan Slat is a great person. Do you know why Boyan Slat decided to create the ocean vacuum?
    From,
    Simone

3. Dear Rhianna,
    Wow! you did a great post. I learned a lot about Boyan Slat! I want to learn more about the Ocean Vacuum and what it looks like.
    Howdy,
    Katie

4. Dear Rhianna,
    Your post really got my attention. It is crazy how much trash people make everyday. It is amazing that a 19 year old boy invented the ocean vacuum. Reading about this makes me try to recycle and reuse what we have. Thank you for sharing about this. What other inventions have you researched?
    From:
    Coen

5. Hi I’m Ocean from http://oceanonlineb.edublogs.org/ I live in Canada. Wow a vacuum cleaner for the ocean that’s wonderful so the water wont be as polluted. That is great for the nature. In Montreal we would need one because or lake is very polluted. This post is very unique because wen I did other comment on other blog they didn’t talk about that. Good job. If you want to come visit my blog here is the address: http://oceanonlineb.edublogs.org/

6. Vacuum cleaners are capable of picking up large quantities of material and/or liquid in a wide variety of industrial applications. A vacuum is defined as a space in which the pressure of gas is low compared to the atmospheric pressure.The measure of vacuum is associated with pressure. Vacuum cleaners are responsible for removing pollutants and particulates
    from the air surrounding a work space.Best vacuum cleaners in chennai

7. Some vacuum cleaners are mounted on trucks, and have hoses six inches (15 cm) in diameter, and are used for cleaning industrial sites. They are powered by the truck engine, and have very large tanks that the material is stored in until disposal.By Best dust vacuum cleaner in india

8. Vacuum cleaners are capable of picking up large quantities of material and/or liquid in a wide variety of industrial
    applications. A vacuum is defined as a space in which the pressure of gas is low compared to the atmospheric pressure.
    The measure of vacuum is associated with pressure. Vacuum cleaners are responsible for removing pollutants and particulates
    from the air surrounding a work space.Best dust vacuum cleaner in india